• At 8:30 AM ET, the initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for a decrease to 240 thousand from 248 thousand last week.
• Also, at 8:30 AM, Gross Domestic Product, 4th quarter 2021 (Second estimate). The consensus is that real GDP increased 7.0% annualized in Q4, up from the advance estimate of 6.9%.
• Also, at 8:30 AM, Chicago Fed National Activity Index for January. This is a composite index of other data.
• At 10:00 AM, New Home Sales for January from the Census Bureau. The consensus is that new home sales decreased to 807 thousand SAAR, down from 811 thousand in December.
• At 11:00 AM, the Kansas City Fed manufacturing survey for February
On COVID (focus on hospitalizations and deaths):
Percent fully Vaccinated
Fully Vaccinated (millions)
New Cases per Day3
Deaths per Day3
1 Minimum to achieve “herd immunity” (estimated between 70% and 85%).
2my goals to stop daily posts,
37-day average for Cases, Currently Hospitalized, and Deaths
🚩 Increasing 7-day average week-over-week for Cases, Hospitalized, and Deaths
✅ Goal met.
Click on graph for larger image.
This graph shows the daily (columns) and 7-day average (line) of deaths reported.